Contemporary Worship Leader Job Description
Reports to: Executive Pastor
The Contemporary Worship Leader will be musically gifted, spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christian leader responsible for contemporary worship ministries at Covenant under the direction of the Executive Pastor & Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate will have experience leading creative contemporary worship at a similar sized church and a vast experience shepherding worship and media teams.
- Work with the pastoral and music teams to plan contemporary worship services.
- Collaborate regularly with the Traditional Worship Leader and team(s) to develop and implement creative worship.
- Lead all contemporary music ministries in the church and implement contemporary worship best practices (not limited only to Sunday morning worship).
- Serve as the staff liaison and pastor for the Praise Band and Media Team.
- Oversee the Youth Praise Band, in coordination with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Schedule, recruit, and direct rehearsals for the bands, musicians, vocalists, and Media Team.
- Use Ableton or a similar software package for click track programming and stem files as appropriate.
- Have a working knowledge of Planning Center Online and ProPresenter software.
- Supervise the Director of Production so that all aspects of the worship experiences at Covenant are seamless.
- Provide quality contemporary worship music of excellence and inspiration for the entire church year, in coordination with the Traditional Worship Leader.
- Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship teams. Develop worship leaders.
- Develop an annual worship and media ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats.
- Work with the Director of Student Ministries & Directors of Children’s Ministries to develop and identify musicians, vocalists, and worship leaders for age-level worship experiences.
- Maintain high standards of excellence with the spiritual and musical development of all team members.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments and music library owned by the church.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor to effectively meet the objectives of the position.
- Significant skill as a vocalist, instrumentalist, and in the technology components of worship ministries.
- Loves creating authentic worship experiences with an engaging atmosphere. It is a passion for you and fuels that passion!
- Broad knowledge and love of contemporary Christian worship music.
- Excellent in relational, communications, and administrative skills.
- Experienced in recruiting, building, leading, and managing volunteer teams.
- A calling to the ministry that models a life of servant leadership (John 13:1-17).
- A lifestyle that reflects the biblical requirements for church leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
Education and Experience
This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Contemporary Worship Leader in a Church is desired and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in relevant fields is preferred. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character. The candidate must have a comfort level and familiarity with, but not limited to: Passion, Hillsong, and CCM Worship.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested Parties should forward a complete application packet to Rev. Matt Yon, [email protected] and it should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references
- Video Links of Leading Worship