Children’s Ministry Staff
Position: Part-time (up to 6 hours per week) with yearly review.
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry
Job Summary: Care of children, ages 6 weeks – 5th grade, during Sunday morning programming, evening programming, and/or during extra church events when called upon. All of these ages are split into different rooms.
Qualifications: Applicant must have experience working with children in a nursery and/or children’s setting, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience that would enable an individual to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position. Applicant must also pass a background check and complete Safe Sanctuary training.
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of all children left in their care by following all Safe Sanctuary guidelines.
- Arrive 30-minutes before service/event begins to prepare the space to receive children and stay until all children are dismissed.
- Serve alongside volunteers and teach children the Bible story of the day and lead children through developmentally appropriate activities provided by Children’s Ministry staff.
- Be responsible for all restroom needs, including changing diapers in necessary age levels.
- Ensure all children are safely returned to their correct parent/guardian.
- Make certain the nurseries and children’s rooms are kept clean.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Ability to perform duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with the Director of Children’s Ministry, church staff, pastors, Children’s Ministry volunteers, parents, and children.
- Success stories.
- Yearly review.
Education and Experience: This position requires a strong spiritual background; a genuine love of children and families; and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to Matt Yon – [email protected]. It should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references