CCA Part Time Music Teacher
CCA is seeking a part time music teacher that will work a minimum of 2 hours a week up to a maximum of 3 hours a week. You will work 2 days a week for an hour to hour and a half each day. You will be teaching children ages K1-K4 weekly. You will plan your music time with the children each week.
Position: Part-time (up to 10 hours per week) with yearly review.
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry
Job Summary: Care of children in the nursery, ages 8weeks-4 years, during Sunday morning programming, Sunday evening programming, and during extra church events when called upon.
Qualifications: Applicant must have experience working with children in a nursery setting, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience that would enable an individual to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position. Applicant must also pass a background check and complete Safe Sanctuary training.
- Ensure the safety of all children left in the care of nursery worker by following all Safe Sanctuary guidelines.
- Make certain the nursery is kept clean.
- Change children’s diapers as necessary and be responsible for restroom needs.
- Provide comfort to all children, especially to any child experiencing separation anxiety. (If the child cannot be consoled within a reasonable amount of time then the nursery attendant will send alert a member of Children’s Ministry staff to contact the child’s parent or authorized guardian.)
- Ensure all children are safety returned to their correct parent/guardian.
- Teach children the Bible lesson of the day and lead children through developmentally appropriate activities provided by Children’s Ministry staff.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Ability to perform duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with the Director of Children’s Ministry, church staff, pastors, Children’s Ministry volunteers, parents, and children.
- Success stories.
- Yearly review.
Ministry Assistant to Executive Pastor
Position: Ministry Assistant to Executive Pastor
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
Classification: Full Time, Sunday Through Thursday
Position Overview: The Ministry Assistant to Executive Pastor is responsible for assisting the executive pastor in the performance of his administrative responsibilities. Must maintain complete confidentiality, assist as needed in all situations, and serve as a helpful and caring assistant to interface with the congregation, church staff and the executive pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities & Duties:
- Schedule and maintain the Executive Pastor’s calendar and coordinate his/her calendar for all church member meetings.
- Redirect guests and members from the Executive Pastor’s calendar to another staff member, when appropriate.
- Return emails and phone calls for the Executive Pastor, to free him/her up to continue to be the day-to-day pastor for Covenant.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteer office help to answer phones and to answer the front door. Be available to answer phones and front door in the absence of volunteers.
- Meet weekly with the Executive Pastor to prioritize the tasks at hand.
- Attend weekly church staff meetings.
- Attend weekly pastors’ meeting.
- Work on different projects and events that Executive Pastor is involved in directly.
- Help during all three morning worship services, to aid the pastors and make sure that Sunday mornings run smoothly.
- Serve as gatekeeper for the Executive Pastor, while ensuring people are being helped/served in a timely manner.
- Maintain and helps prioritize the general church activity calendar through ACS and provide the Executive Pastor with updated daily, weekly, monthly and yearly calendars as needed.
- Attend meetings or conferences with or on behalf of the Executive Pastor, as needed.
- Maintain the Executive Pastor’s files, notebooks and databases and compose letters, reports and correspondence as needed.
- Communicate with the Executive Pastor all that is going on behind the scenes, to help make sure he/she is in the know.
- Provide all administrative support and other required duties that the Executive Pastor requests in a timely manner.
- Be a creative, dependable, and energetic self-starter who sees ministry as a calling from God.
- Be strong in organization, delegation, and planning skills for ministries and programs.
- Model a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and perform all other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
Education and Experience: This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of three years experience in managing people and possession of a bachelor’s degree in business or related field. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, above reproach character, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. The candidate must have a proven expertise with multiple workplace technologies including computer skills, E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in ACS and Planning Center software is preferred. Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to Rev. Matt Yon – firstname.lastname@example.org. It should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references